Re: Current errors detected for Main-server+Workstation in Debian Edu/Squeeze

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 06:27:23PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> The automatic test of the installation in Debian Edu is very good to
> have to detect problems with the system.  It run on the first boot in
> test installations (installs using a *-test repository), and try to
> ensure that all services and setup is as it should be.
>
> I've added heaps of more tests to detect the problems I have found
> during my work on the Squeeze version, and been able to fix some of
> them.  But some remains, and I am sure there are also heaps of
> undetected problems yet to find. :)

After installing with the graphical installer
'mainserver+workstation' from cd-squeeze-test-dvd/debian-edu-amd64-i386-DVD-1.iso on amd64 in
virtualbox the dialog on first login gives(edited by hand to have every error: on one line):

error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/other,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/model,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/layout,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/variant,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/toggle,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/switch,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/altgr,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/compose,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/modelcode,
error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/layoutcode,
error: Cannot find a question for
keyboard-configuration/variantcode,
error: Cannot find a question for
keyboard-configuration/optionscode,
error: Cannot find a question for
keyboard-configuration/store_defaults_in_debconf_db,
error: Unable to download
http://ftp.skolelinux.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz,
error: Unable to download
http://ftp.skolelinux.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz,
error: ./cups: URL 'https://www:631/' is not working.,
error: ./cups: URL 'https://localhost:631/' is not working.,
error: ./ldap-client: Not only one PAM module of krb5, ldap and sss
is enabled,
error: ./ldap-client: LDAP cert checking turned off in
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf,
error: ./ldap-client: LDAP cert checking turned off in
/etc/nslcd.conf,
error: ./pxeinstall: Unable to find PXE file
/var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.0,
error: ./taskpkgs: Package jackd in task education-workstation is
not installed!

After editing sources.list to get the machine upgraded, the
following lines with a 404 are seen:

root@tjener:~# aptitude update
Treffer http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release.gpg
Treffer http://ftp.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg
Ign http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main Translation-de
Treffer http://ftp.debian.org squeeze/main Translation-de
Ign http://ftp.debian.org squeeze/contrib Translation-de
Ign http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/contrib
Translation-de
Ign http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/non-free
Translation-de
Ign http://ftp.debian.org squeeze/non-free Translation-de
Treffer http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release
Treffer http://ftp.debian.org squeeze Release
Ign http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main
Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/contrib
Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/non-free
Packages/DiffIndex
Treffer http://ftp.debian.org squeeze/main Packages/DiffIndex
Treffer http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/main Packages
Treffer http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/contrib Packages
Ign http://ftp.skolelinux.org squeeze Release.gpg
Ign http://ftp.skolelinux.org squeeze/local Translation-de
Treffer http://ftp.debian.org squeeze/contrib Packages/DiffIndex
Treffer http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates/non-free Packages
Ign http://ftp.skolelinux.org squeeze Release
Treffer http://ftp.debian.org squeeze/non-free Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://ftp.skolelinux.org squeeze/local Packages
Feh http://ftp.skolelinux.org squeeze/local Packages
  404  Not Found

root@tjener:~#

As I used to install in virtualbox I would like to use after the
installation the guest additions of virtualbox. They enable me for
example to 'copy&paste' to the host system or to resize the window
to a usefull size. So in short gives comfort for testing. ;-)
Unlikely therefore I have to install the linux-headers, make and the
build-essentials to get the kernel modules build. Also I would like
to have vim installed. I havn't had a look to the amount of space
which will be wasted if that would be installed as default. ;-)

Greetings, Jürgen Leibner

--
juergen@leibner.eu
GnuPG Key ID: 0x9CD43E5A