Re: Current errors detected for Main-server+Workstation in Debian Edu/Squeeze

[Jürgen Leibner]
> After installing with the graphical installer
> 'mainserver+workstation' from
> cd-squeeze-test-dvd/debian-edu-amd64-i386-DVD-1.iso on amd64 in
> virtualbox the dialog on first login gives(edited by hand to have
> every error: on one line):

Great test report.

> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/other,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/model,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/layout,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/variant,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/toggle,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/switch,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/altgr,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/compose,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/modelcode,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/layoutcode,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/variantcode,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/optionscode,
> error: Cannot find a question for keyboard-configuration/store_defaults_in_debconf_db,

These were new to me.  Checked the installation log from a PXE
instalation, and believe these would have been available if
console-setup and its dependencies was on the DVD.  Added it to the
hint list now, along with all the other packages I saw d-i install in
the log.

> error: Unable to download
> http://ftp.skolelinux.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz,
> error: Unable to download
> http://ftp.skolelinux.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz,
> error: ./pxeinstall: Unable to find PXE file /var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.0,

These are caused by the lack of the d-i-bootimages (#570767).  Andreas
reports from Debconf 10 that this might be solved by the d-i group in
a future upload of d-i.

> error: ./cups: URL 'https://www:631/' is not working.,
> error: ./cups: URL 'https://localhost:631/' is not working.,
> error: ./ldap-client: Not only one PAM module of krb5, ldap and sss is enabled,
> error: ./ldap-client: LDAP cert checking turned off in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf,
> error: ./ldap-client: LDAP cert checking turned off in /etc/nslcd.conf,
> error: ./taskpkgs: Package jackd in task education-workstation is not installed!

These were also present in my PXE installation.

> Feh http://ftp.skolelinux.org squeeze/local Packages
>   404  Not Found

Ah, did not know we added it to sources.list on DVD installs.  Suspect
it does not happen when installing only from Debian/squeeze.

> As I used to install in virtualbox I would like to use after the
> installation the guest additions of virtualbox. They enable me for
> example to 'copy&paste' to the host system or to resize the window
> to a usefull size. So in short gives comfort for testing. ;-)
> Unlikely therefore I have to install the linux-headers, make and the
> build-essentials to get the kernel modules build. Also I would like
> to have vim installed. I havn't had a look to the amount of space
> which will be wasted if that would be installed as default. ;-)

The DVD is full, and can't fit all the packages our tasks include.  So
I believe we should drop something from the default installation
before we add something more.  For example build-essentials is one of
the packages on the list that do not fit. :)

Happy hacking,