Re: Can the fluid-soundfont-gm recommend on fluid-soundfont-gs be changed to suggests?

Hi Toby,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:30:41PM +0000, Toby Smithe wrote:

sorry for the delay.

No problem, so no need to be sorry! :-)

2010/3/7 Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>:
I do not wish to diminish the kind offer by Petter, but did you consider the alternative to sponsoring which is to join a team?

Both fluid-soundfont and mscore are ideal for maintainance at the Debian Multimedia team.

This is an interesting offer. I would quite like to maintain mscore myself for the moment, as I have quite strong ties with upstream and Ubuntu, but I think it might be good to have fluid-soundfont as part of the team. I'll read up about that, and e-mail the team list when I have a moment.

I hope to meet you there, then :-)

And regarding mscore (and any other packages for which you have special considerations): Try simply raise your concerns at the team mailinglist, as it might very well be oddities are respected and you can still benefit from the team to watch out for the package *without* touching anything uncoordinated with you.

I had a bad experience myself with the VOIP team recently (a package I cared special about was dropped from Debian with very short notice while I was without email access for 6 days). But really I suspect that situations like that could have been avoided if we as a team had agreed on e.g. some hint in the packaging for special needs. I would love to work with you on that at the Multimedia team if interested.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas