Re: Wishlist for features in Skolelinux

Hi Ole,

On Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2010, Ole Anders Andreassen wrote:
> No, just debian-edu for use on small netbooks, where users homefolder
> are mounted at logon. Something that looks like the "things" Klaus has
> helped Sturla with.

Ah, ok, so thats two things:

a.) support for (disconnected) laptops (so you can log in with your school
credentials even outside the school network)
b.) a graphical user interface for smaller displays

> >> - WiFi-controller based on wrt-hardware
> > what do you mean with this?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_LAN_Controller
> But based on cheap wrt-based equipment.
> An easy way to controll several wireless AP at a school,
> as a part of skolelinux admin tools.

To understand this better: you want to run OpenWRT on these APs (which I think
is an excellent idea), and you want a central tool to administrate them?

Great. Maybe you can help Winnie with http://bugs.debian.org/511387 ?

> >> - More than 50 static adresses for workstations (why is there a limit)
> This seems to be documented now, and I am a much happier man now :)

Great.

> > _I_ find those less important, which makes me suggest, thats it would be
> > a good idea, to prioritize such a wishlist too. Else we end up with 100
> > wishes and some are picked up a random, with (as the list gets longer) an
> > increasing chance to pick unimportant ones :)
> I agree. What about some kind of woting for features?

Probably, yes. I'd suggest to also discuss them at the next developer
gathering in Zweibruecken, which will also attended by quite some teachers.

cheers,
	Holger