Re: Extending Statics for Etch in Wiki/Re: Wishlist for features in Skolelinux

RalfGesellensetter skrev:
Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 schrieb Ole-Anders Andreassen:
Ralf:
I would be a very happy man if you could share your knowledge about how to extend the range of statics :)

Hi, virtually: yes of course.

But: I have to add that my changes related to a Sarge Tjener.
I posted my step on the list and was waiting for a final confirmation.

Now I remember, having entered my findings into the Wiki...:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/HowTo/NetworkClients?action=diff&rev1=17&rev2=16

Holger was so kind to give it some finishing:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/HowTo/NetworkClients?action=diff&rev1=19&rev2=17

So, this is what I learned - but it might be easier with Lenny + Lwat.

I think Lenny is a bit different. Lenny is using PowerDNS and lwat.

At the moment, the only reference in the Lenny manual is this:

"FIXME: add a pointer to DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/GettingStarted#DNSManagementwithlwat and describe it there. "

...and here the only text related to this, is as follow:

"DNS Administration"

OleA

Kind regards
Ralf