Re: lenny release timeline canceled by constant changes

Holger Levsen skrev:
Hi,

I think I give up.

Please don't :)

It seems we have different ideas how to create a stable release and when this should be ready, so I stop wasting my time now.

If you think my approach is right, please stop the madness, we can prepare changes for after the release in a branch and just trunk as before to get lenny out. (and there is still work to do: documentation has lots of FIXMEs

I think this sounds like a reasonable approach. Documentation is important as well. If features is not documentet, only a few skilled users and the developers are sometimes the only one able to use them.

I'd love to work on instead of doing this stupid discussion and reviewing p4 bug-fixes constantly, as each has the risk to indroduce breakage.) and then (after lenny is out) I'd be happy to work on a pointrelease, to fix stuff which needs fixing, but as said, first the release, then the pointrelease.

I would like to se a release as soon as possible, and if it is possible to add fixes at a later point that shouldn be a problem. Or...?

OleA