plain lenny integration

Dear All
I have some dell minis that I want to upgrade from ubuntu to lenny. The
skolelinux lenny workstation install seemed OK, but on first boot display
went blank and I couldn't even get into a TTY.

So I installed plain lenny and used a bit of Philipp's howto [1] to
integrate into the skolelinux network. Things went surprisingly (for me)
well, and ldap users can log in.

However there are some annoyances:
1) the first time a user logs in on the machine, KDE first run wizard runs.
2) user wallpaper doesn't appear
3) home icons are blank or strange (eg %uHome - username not displayed)

any tips?

thanks,

nigel

[1]http://wiki.skolelinux.de/PhilippHuebner/customTerminalserverLenny