Re: Widen LTSP uplink / Re: ltsp hardware again

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
>[Nigel Barker]
>> Perhaps diskless workstations should be an option during install?
>
> I believe it should be installed by default.  Not quite sure how the
> admin should select between thin clients and diskless workstations
> when a client boot, though.  We used to split it by network when
> diskless workstations was enabled, ie all PXE boots on the 10.0.2/23
> network was diskless workstations, while all PXE boots on 192.168.0/24
> was thin clients.  Now PXE boots on 10.0.2/23 are the
> debian-installer, so that is not straight forward any more.

so if I follow the howto on the wiki, will my resulting server be serving
diskless on the 192. NIC? (And thin clients not at all?) Then that will
make cabling difficult. (and also means that the howto needs updating)

I liked it before when I had a sarge ltsp server serving diskless anywhere
in the school (10. network).

Things you like never last, and everything gets more complicated. Is that
a sign of ageing?

nigel