Widen LTSP uplink / Re: ltsp hardware again

Am Mittwoch 12 August 2009 schrieb nigel barker:
> Jose suggested the NIC is the bottleneck

Hi Nigel, I'd support this suspect. Even sticking to the same hardware
and (more or less) software, I am experiencing 100% netload on eth1
(serving 100 Mbit).

I ascribe this to
- new TFT screens with higher resolution (more X data to serve)
- increasing use of Flash videos
- increasing use of animations all over the web
- possibly also more use of Java related stuff (is this rendered
  by native X11 sequences or rather as direct graphic drawing?)

Whenever a Mbit NIC or a switch with Mbit Uplink is not affordable,
I wonder if this could be an option (howto required):

Give your LTSP yet another 100Mbit NIC and bridge eth1 and eth2 to serve
your thin clients by 200 Mbit! (how exactly?).

Kind regards
Ralf