Re: Widen LTSP uplink / Re: ltsp hardware again

Am Donnerstag 13 August 2009 schrieb José "L. Redrejo" Rodríguez:
> 34 Mbps x No of LTSP clients

oops, this means, max. 3 clients with conventional 100 Mbit NICs? We
have been running 14 all the time, and only with gimp animation we had
run into bottlenecks. This makes 7 Mbps/client ;)

recently, I streamed raw MPEG-HDTV via LAN, which gave me 10 Mbps. I
doubt you could need ever more than 15 per client.

But mulitplying the bandwith by 10 should be a good idea. Now I regret,
having given away my only GB switch for proprietary purposes.

g'nite