Any hope of an gnash update in Lenny?

Hi.  We are working on wrapping up the Lenny version of Debian Edu,
and ran into a fatal problem with Gnash.  On the commonly used web
sites, gnash will fill up ~/.xsession-errors with messages and thus
fill the users home directories very quickly.  The issue is reported
to us in <URL: http://bugs.skolelinux.org/1404 >, and to Debian as

I've created a patch that solve this issue, and submitted it to the
BTS.  Would you be willing to apply this patch to a stable update of
gnash in Lenny, to make it possible for us to continue using Gnash
from Lenny in the default Debian Edu installation?

The issue is fixed in version 0.8.5 of gnash, but a backport of gnash
0.8.6 in Sid is first of all hard because of a lot of new
dependencies, but second we lack the man-power to maintain a lot of
backports and would very much prefer to use packages directly from
Debian Lenny.

Cc to the Debian Edu mailing list.

Happy hacking,