Re: Any hope of an gnash update in Lenny?

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 01:05:29PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Hi.  We are working on wrapping up the Lenny version of Debian Edu,
> and ran into a fatal problem with Gnash.  On the commonly used web
> sites, gnash will fill up ~/.xsession-errors with messages and thus
> fill the users home directories very quickly.  The issue is reported
> to us in <URL: http://bugs.skolelinux.org/1404 >, and to Debian as
>
> I've created a patch that solve this issue, and submitted it to the
> BTS.  Would you be willing to apply this patch to a stable update of
> gnash in Lenny, to make it possible for us to continue using Gnash
> from Lenny in the default Debian Edu installation?

I have no objection.  Miriam, are you ok with it?

> The issue is fixed in version 0.8.5 of gnash, but a backport of gnash
> 0.8.6 in Sid is first of all hard because of a lot of new
> dependencies,

I think it just needs libtool 2.2.6a-4~bpo50+1 from lenny-backports.  I
would strongly recommend use of backports of gnash in general, since
flash-encumbered content in the web is constantly evolving and the
Gnash project needs to adapt all the time.

--
Robert Millan