Re: Net-install (rsync 15.nov) installed with no install erroers

[Ole-Anders Andreassen]
> Added MAC-adr in lwat, and tried to boot a LTSP-diskless-workstation.
> The workstation booted in a new an unfamiliar way, the "installer boot
> menu"
>
> Where can I find information about this, or can someone on the list give
> a brief description og the functionality?

I do not believe it is documented yet.

This is the new PXE meny with installer and boot selection option. It
should sho up on the skolelinux network.  Thin clients should still
boot automatically as before on the thin client network without such
PXE menu.

I recently added code to add a diskless workstation option to the PXE
(by running ltsp-make-client during installation on combined
main-server+thin-client-server installations), and this might have
messed up the LTSP chroot a bit.  We are working on weeding out the
remaining bugs

> When choosing "LTSP diskless workstation", the boot-image hangs after a
> few seconds. Pressing alt-arrow to get to the next screen , and after a
> while the boot stops at "*Starting NFS common utillities"

This seem to be the remaining bug, not quite sure what the issue is.
Some claim the issue is DNS resolver related, and changing etc/hosts
and/or etc/resolv.conf solve it.  I am not yet sure what the problem
is nor how to fix it.

Happy hacking,