Re: usb stick on plain lenny workstation with etch tjener

This can be solved by adding the users to plugdev group in /etc/group on the workstation. I guess I dont have to explain why this a bad solution. What is the better way? How is it done on skolelinux workstations?

I tried adding the groups: teachers and students instead of users to /etc/group but that does not work

Joakim Seeberg skrev:
Hi, I installed plain lenny on my workstations and modified them using this howto http://wiki.skolelinux.de/PhilippHuebner/customTerminalserverLenny. I now have a problem with usb sticks. Instead of the usual pop up I get the following error:

Rejected send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.20" (uid=10008 pid=4036 comm="kded [kdeinit] --new-startup ") interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member="Mount" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Hal" (uid=0 pid=3060 comm="/usr/sbin/hald "))

If i log on with a local account (not ldap user) then in works fine.

Nigel has seen the same thing on his plain lenny workstations. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks. Joakim