Re: Recent lwat changes

El mié, 03-06-2009 a las 14:40 +0200, John S. Skogtvedt escribió:
> José L. Redrejo Rodríguez skrev:
> > maybe I didn't explain it correctly: test-pro didn't exist previously in
> > the ldap database, I added test-pro with lwat and it added it at:
> > cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es
> > instead of at:
> > cn=test-pro,,dc=domain,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es
> > where I put all the entries
> > (the associatedDomain value at
> > cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es was the right
> > domain)
> >

> lwat should add three entries (not counting DHCP if enabled), e.g.:
>
> cn=ltspserver00,$hostbase
> dc=ltspserver00,$dnsbase
> dc=...,dc=in-addr,dc=arpa,$dnsbase
>
> The cn= entry is the host entry. lwat has always added it as
> cn=$hostname,$hostbase, not cn=$hostname,dc=$domain,$hostbase. It is not
> used by DNS.
>
> >> Can you please check if lwat added dc=$hostname,dc=$domain,$dnsbase? If
> >> not, that's a bug and I will look into it.
> >
> > not, it added:
> >
> > dc=$hostname,$dnsbase
> >
> > without the dc=$domain part
> >

> Further up you wrote "cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts...". DNS entries created by
> lwat do not begin with "cn=", but the host entries do.
>
> Is it possible that you are confusing the host entry with the DNS entry?
> Or are you asking why the host entries aren't in dc=$domain,$hostbase?
>

> >From lib/admin.php in lwat:
>  $adn = "dc=$hostname,dc=$domain,$dnsbase";
>
> $adn is the DN passed to ldap_add.
> As you can see, dc=$hostname,dc=$domain,$dnsbase is hardcoded, so I
> don't understand how it's possible for a DNS A entry to be added as
> dc=$hostname,$dnsbase.

You're right: I had seen the entry at hosts, but not under the dns
entry. After checking it again I see the entry is in both places. It was
my fault for using a server with too many machines in the dns: my eyes
didn't find the new one between the crowd.

So, now I have another evidence of my ignorance: what is the purpose of
the hosts entry? I've been working for six months without using it, and
without any problem, as far as the machines are in the dns (direct and
reverse) and dhcp branches...

Thanks
José L.