Re: Recent lwat changes

El mié, 03-06-2009 a las 12:47 +0200, John S. Skogtvedt escribió:
> José L. Redrejo Rodríguez skrev:
> >
> > I've been testing lwat 0.18~beta-2 and almost everything seems to go
> > perfectly in the servers we have in production since last december.
> > The 'almost" is due to a strange behaviour when adding machines to the
> > dns domain. The structure we have is the same you can see at
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Lwat?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=dns-ldap.png
> > In this case the domain is 'santaeulalia'.
> > You can see that the hosts are added under the domain name branch. But
> > with lwat, it adds them under the ou=hosts branch.
> > This is the diference:
> > cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es
> > cn=test-pro,dc=domain,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es
> >

> lwat adds DNS A and PTR entries in addition to, not instead of the
> machine entries in ou=hosts.

maybe I didn't explain it correctly: test-pro didn't exist previously in
the ldap database, I added test-pro with lwat and it added it at:
cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es
instead of at:
cn=test-pro,,dc=domain,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es
where I put all the entries
(the associatedDomain value at
cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es was the right
domain)

> Can you please check if lwat added dc=$hostname,dc=$domain,$dnsbase? If
> not, that's a bug and I will look into it.

not, it added:

dc=$hostname,$dnsbase

without the dc=$domain part

Regards.