Re: Recent lwat changes

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez skrev:
> maybe I didn't explain it correctly: test-pro didn't exist previously in
> the ldap database, I added test-pro with lwat and it added it at:
> cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es
> instead of at:
> cn=test-pro,,dc=domain,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es
> where I put all the entries
> (the associatedDomain value at
> cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts,dc=instituto,dc=extremadura,dc=es was the right
> domain)

lwat should add three entries (not counting DHCP if enabled), e.g.:

cn=ltspserver00,$hostbase
dc=ltspserver00,$dnsbase
dc=...,dc=in-addr,dc=arpa,$dnsbase

The cn= entry is the host entry. lwat has always added it as
cn=$hostname,$hostbase, not cn=$hostname,dc=$domain,$hostbase. It is not
used by DNS.

>> Can you please check if lwat added dc=$hostname,dc=$domain,$dnsbase? If
>> not, that's a bug and I will look into it.
>
> not, it added:
>
> dc=$hostname,$dnsbase
>
> without the dc=$domain part

Further up you wrote "cn=test-pro,ou=Hosts...". DNS entries created by
lwat do not begin with "cn=", but the host entries do.

Is it possible that you are confusing the host entry with the DNS entry?
Or are you asking why the host entries aren't in dc=$domain,$hostbase?

>From lib/admin.php in lwat:
 $adn = "dc=$hostname,dc=$domain,$dnsbase";

$adn is the DN passed to ldap_add.
As you can see, dc=$hostname,dc=$domain,$dnsbase is hardcoded, so I
don't understand how it's possible for a DNS A entry to be added as
dc=$hostname,$dnsbase.

Hope this helps,

John.