Re: Edubuntu's focus, and future.

    Greetings All!

    While we are discussing "Edubuntu's focus, and future." it seems
like an appropriate time bring up a topic thats been discussed
occasionally in the past: packaging books. apt could have packages for
books that install them in /usr/books or /usr/share/books...

    Doing this has several advantages:

      -  Promotes Open Books
      -  Is convenient for schools (create a metapackage for a
standard set of books for CS labs)
      -  Is useful for when your offline.
      -  Puts everything in one spot.
      -  Integrates it with the way software is managed.
      -  et cetera...

  But despite hearing occasional comments on it, nothing to this end
seems to be being done. So my questions are:

      -  Is someone working on it? Who?
      -  If not, is there some fatal flaw in this idea.

  If I've just missed something, then apologies in advance.

  Christopher