RE: should iceweasel really be the default browser?

[Holger Levsen - Monday, May 25, 2009 11:36 PM]

> Hi,
>
> On Montag, 27. April 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> [Holger Levsen]
>>> It would also allow us to release faster ;-)
>
> I think this is still true and important ^^^
>
>> The problem is that konqueror have problems with several sites where
>> iceweasel work properly.
>
> While iceweasel "doesnt work" for our main internal site.

It should work now, see bug #1353 (closed).
For context see: http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/05/msg00115.html

There's still the certificate issue, which applies to Konqueror too.
See bug #1328.

One could also change the desktop launcher 'Debian Edu web server' to launch
Konqueror not x-www-browser (default gui browser => Iceweasel).

Odd.