Re: Most popular packages currently missing on the lenny-test DVD

Fredag 10. april 2009, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
> Did you verify that both checkboxes and text fields were preserved?

Since I did not have print support turned on in my VirtualBox, I had to
use the print preview button. Then check-boxes and text field was
preserved.

But it seems to some interoperability issues when using xpdf or kpdf.
When using 'save as', the schema seems to disappear with only the text I
typed in the forms preserved. This happened when using the file attached
with bug #161327 in Okular version 0.7.2. In addition to the
disappearing schema, it may lead to a crash of my konsole when using
xpdf or kpdf.

I've tested Okular 0.8.2 which seems to have solved the issues addressed
in version 0.7.2.

Then I got a suggestions. If users want form support when handling
pdf's, I suggest schools to post-install okular.

I guess KDE 4.2 or 4.3 will be backported to Lenny. Then recommending a
later okular than shipped with Lenny will be less buggy.

Oh, when I'm at it. There is a general acceptance that KDE 4.3 will be
ready for huge deployments. KDE 4.3 will be released this summer.
Today's KDE 4.2 is more than sufficient for private use and can be tested
when preparing larger deployment at a later stage.

Best regards

Knut Yrvin