Re: administrator upgrade
On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 07:45:52 pm Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
> On Sonntag, 5. April 2009, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> > I plan on updating administrator to lenny this week. Please let me know,
> > if you have important tasks scheduled and this should be delayed.
> We want to release our lenny. administrators hosts the the cd build system
> as well as dak, and I'm not really comfortable at all with this upgrade at
> this time.
> > Since
> > administrator hosts vital services, please feel free to speak up, if
> > there is anything you want me to keep an eye on. Every help is of course
> > welcome. I will probably do some live reporting on #debian-edu and
> > related channels, when the update happens.
> Please only do the upgrade if you can absolutly commit to fixing everything
> up to the very last bit. Having downtimes now would quite probably take the
> momentum away, we have just gained.
> What's the reason _for_ upgrading adminstrator _now_ anyway?
> In other words: please dont.
I am fine with waiting and won't upgrade this week then, but I am wondering,
how long this should be put on hold?
It is true that there might be a downtime, but putting it on hold forever is
not the right way IMHO.