Re: stop aptitude removing packages

El jue, 18-09-2008 a las 16:30 +0900, nigel barker escribió:
> Dear All,
>
> You may remember helping me to remove OOo2.0 so that I could install 2.4
> debs from OO.org.
> The problem is that now each time I upgrade, aptitude removes open
> office, and I have to reinstall it:
> --------------
> The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED:
>   openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-draw
>   openoffice.org-impress openoffice.org-math openoffice.org-writer
>
> How do I stop this happening?

There are several possible reasons for that, but the most common is:
Those packages have been probably installed by dependency or
recommendation of a package that you've already uninstalled
( openoffice.org maybe ?). In that  case you only need to tell aptitude
that you do want those packages installed. I.E.: "aptitude install
openoffice.org-base" will avoid aptitude removing openoffice.org-base
next time.

There are also other possible reasons, as having some conflict between
packages or needed dependencies that can not be fulfilled. That case
would be worst, then you need to do aptitude install openoffice.org-base
and follow the line of messages complaining to find the guilty one.

Regards.
José L.