Re: Stress test in ltsp

> Am Donnerstag 17 April 2008 schrieb nigel barker:
>> Of course you would double your server maintenance, which may be
>> important in your case.
>
> Any experience with
> - rolling out LTSP with FAI?

Yes this is how we are installing thin client servers now, and it's
working quite nicely.
Unfortunatly i an a FAI newbee, so i only do fai installations, and have
not played too much with FAI softupdates and maintaining the ltsp
servers using FAI. If i need to alter a thin cleint server i simply
reinstall them all. I wrote up my configurations in the wiki[1], and
Henning Sprang added the fai configspace in svn [2] Learning more about
actualy using fai softupdate.

My plan is to merging the fai config scripts and the debian-edu cfengine
scripts so i dont have to call the cfengine-debian-edu command.

And to integrate the diskless workstation server into FAI aswell.. but
it might take quite some time before i get the time to do this.

> - booting LTSP as low-fat-client (nearly diskless: RAM only local Swap)?

Not yet.

 [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/FaiInstallDebianEdu
 [2] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-edu/trunk/src/fai-configspace

Ronny Aasen