Re: first programming language

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:30 AM, nigel barker <tech@hiroshima-is.ac.jp> wrote:

>  roberto wrote:
> >
> > BTW: if the experiment gets good results, i'll try to extend it to
> > other students even because i'll be working at schools for next years;
> > and probably i'll start writing up some tutorial/book if you think it
> > may be useful for you
> >

>  I would really appreciate that. I have been using Dr. Scheme with my kids,
> simply for the reason that I am not a programmer, and it has a comprehensive
> (and free) textbook to follow. I couldn't find anything comparable for
> squeak, python or java. We definitely need more of that kind of thing in
> schools.

you're right, i know Dr. Scheme and i forgot to add it to the list of
possibilities, thanks

now, googling a bit i found this course of python just for 12-15 yo students
http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/home
but i didn't read it yet, i plan to do it soon

maybe you find something good there

anyway, i'll keep you posted about my experience :)

--
roberto
OS: GNU/Linux, Debian