Re: Merge LWAT and DHCP machine objects in LDAP?

[Finn-Arne Johansen]
> I'm not sure if it's possible to add more than a couple of objects,
> due to limitations in the schemas, but I've not tried.

I tested to create a combined object using a script I wrote to
populate LDAP from sitesummary, and it failed with

  invalid structural object class chain (organizationalRole/dhcpHost)

I guess our schemas do not allow this. :(

I tried to create an object with these attributes:

    my $attr = [
                'cn'               => $hostname,
                'associatedDomain' => $dnsdomain,
                'ipHostNumber'     => $ipaddr,
                'macAddress'       => (@macaddr)[0],
                'dhcpHWAddress'    => (@hwaddr)[0],
                'dhcpStatements'   => "fixed-address $fqdn",
                'objectclass' => ['top',
                                  'organizationalRole',
                                  'domainRelatedObject',
                                  'ipHost',
                                  'dhcpHost',
                                  ],
                ];

Anyone got any idea how to solve this issue?

Happy hacking,