Re: Some notes on multimedia support in iceweasel

[José L. Redrejo Rodríguez]
> Maybe these sites are unknown to mplayerplug-in upstream developers,
> have you tried to contact with them?

Could be.  I have only gotten as far as reporting the issue to Debian
BTS.  I have not tried to reach upstream about it.  Anyone already in
contact with them?

> I'd prefer mozilla-mplayer because:
> - It's the option we have used in the past in LinEx ;-)

Do you have any special configuration?  Does it work through the
proxy?

> - In the past it has worked pretty well with most web sites

Do you have more test sites?

> - mozilla-mplayer uses to fix the bugs and addapt to new js
> launchers pretty fast

Good.

> - kaffeine is very kde dependant, what's not a good idea (in terms
> of memory and startup time) for other desktop users

We could switch the kaffine-mozilla plugin to start vlc instead.  It
seem to work equally well. :) All that is needed is a change in the
'exec' call.  Neither work with the filmarkivet.no site, though.
Kaffeine do not support H264, and vlc do not support the SMIL play
list used.  :(

> - mplayer is, by far, the less resources eater of all the players
> I've tested. In low profile machines it uses to render with better
> quality and faster than other players.

Interesting to know.  Which players have you tested?

happy hacking,