Re: Sugar on debian

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 21:46 +0200, Kurt Gramlich wrote:
> * David Farning <dfarning@sugarlabs.org> [080715 20:41]:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I am wonder what the interest level is in make a DebianEdu version that
> > is based on the Sugar desktop.
>
> big interest from Germany ;-)

Excellent.

> The German team of skolelinux has helped to develop the XO-LiveCD to push the
> development and to spread the information about OLPC. We found a
> sponsor who has financed 1000 LiveCds.

I tried to run the LiveCD in virtual box machine with no sucess last
nigh;)  This afternoon, I'll try it on my laptop.

These are exactly the type of relations that we hope to help foster.
Currently, OLPC is focused on large deployments.  We at Sugar Labs want
to help push the Sugar learning environment at a grassroots level.

> So lets join forces, I would like to have the Sugar desktop on
> DebianEdu/Skolelinux.

Would you mind putting some information on how to get skoleLinux on
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Debian ?

Eventually, we will split the debian and debian based derivatives into
separate pages.

We are already pointed to the live cd at
http://download.sugarlabs.org/sugar/liveimages/ .

thanks
dfarning