Re: Changing clients to automatically find their proxy?

Am Mittwoch 02 Juli 2008 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> So IMHO we should do that too and document how to modify it.

Right, it was José posting this block on Oct 19:

acl no_ie browser MSIE
http_access deny no_ie
#allowing windowsupdate with ie:
acl windowsupdate dstdomain .windowsupdate.com
acl windowsupdate dstdomain .microsoft.com
acl windowsupdate dstdomain .public-trust.com
acl windowsupdate dstdomain .windows.com
acl windowsupdate dstdomain .webiqonline.com
acl windowsupdate dstdomain 207.46.224.158
acl windowsupdate dstdomain .msn.com
always_direct allow windowsupdate
http_access allow windowsupdate

I published it in the German wiki at
http://wiki.skolelinux.de/FAQ/ProxyServer#head-ca1b244d23d589a62ec555ba7f8e6e8a6bd60cd3

At school I added an extra error message page explaining the risks of IE
(German language).

Also, we should by default add a whitelist and a blacklist (suggest at
least one sample entry for blacklist) unless there is new consent on
using dansguardian or squidguard by default.

Note that the handy webmin module for squid is not usable anymore!