Re: Power saving by turning clients off at night

[Ralf Gesellensetter]
> while your lines appear green in my Kmail window, this is a furtther
> step towards Green IT after saving watts with hin clients and
> avoiding waste with recycled PCs. I was already going to ask if the
> neat feature to turn off thin clients from LDM in "Terra" can also
> be backported to a "Venus" LTSP?

I believe there is nothing in the package that should stop it from
working on Sarge based Debian Edu.  Let me know if it fail on Venus.
I expect it to work on Sarge, Etch and Lenny when we get it
working. :)

Note, that 'who' do not work on diskless workstations unless the
/etc/rcS.d/K*bootmisc.sh script is renamed to S*bootmisc.sh, to make
sure the /var/run/utmp file is created when the client boots.  This
will get the client to reboot even if someone is logged in.

Happy hacking,