Re: Power saving by turning clients off at night

Dear Petter, thanx for this worthy approach:

Am Montag 09 Juni 2008 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> After a few requests to save power, I have made a package to enable
> clients to turn themself off in the evening when unused (from 16:00,
> and try again every hour until it is unused), and turn themselves on
> again using either nvram-wakeup if that is supported, or using
> wake-on-lan from a server.

while your lines appear green in my Kmail window, this is a furtther
step towards Green IT after saving watts with hin clients and avoiding
waste with recycled PCs. I was already going to ask if the neat feature
to turn off thin clients from LDM in "Terra" can also be backported to
a "Venus" LTSP?

Ready for testing,
regards
Ralf