Re: custom install

RalfGesellensetter wrote:

there is a howto on how to bind *buntu-stations to tjener. Same procedure is possible for Debian clients....
Actually this will be my new Tjener, but its Gb ethernet isn't autodetected. However it is with a later kernel. My more accurately phrased question should have been:
What is the best way to install if you need a newer kernel.

1. Plain Debian followed by upgrade to Debian Edu (not clear from Jose's answer how I would get this machine to become tjener)?

2. Add a pci LAN card, install tjener, upgrade kernel, remove LAN card?

thanks

nigel