Re: stable update proposal: flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound

Hi,

On Sunday 27 January 2008 11:44, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen skrev:
> > Ref item 9 on <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20070813>,
> > here is a update proposal for the stable release.
> >
> > I propose to add flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound to the releas.
> > Currently versoin 0.0.svn2431-2.0.edu.etch.2 is available.  The same

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Etch refers to this version as well,
but 0.0.svn2431-2.0.edu.etch.3 is in etch-test - Petter, I guess you want
this version in etch now?

> Has this plugin been tested on a large scale basis ?
> I suggest not to include this in the stable repository until it's been
> tested in a large scale, to prevent sites depending on a working
> solution from beeing set back by installing this.

Besides that by now has been tested (as you suggested in a later mail) during
the narvik meeting (in a LTSP setup) and it has also been tested in
Extremadura with Lenny, I don't see how adding an optional package (its not
installed) by default) could effect existing installations?

Please raise your concerns if you still think this package should not be added
to Etch.

regards,
	Holger