Re: What about trying to participate in Google Summer of Code?

El jue, 28-02-2008 a las 09:54 +0100, Patrick Winnertz escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Tonight I had the idea that it might be a good idea to try to get some
> slots in the google summer of code in order to get new member and, of
> course, get some things done.
>
> Do you like the idea?
> If yes, I've several things which could be a task for students:
>  - ldapfiy skolelinux + work on a webfronted to put data in ldap
>  - working on packages to find new alternatives how to fix 311188
>
> This are only two examples (I'd like the first idea much better than the
> second). Other ideas? Should we give it a try?

For the ldapify services, I hope most of it will be done inside Debian
Edu before the end of the summer.

I also would like to see some project related to gnash and the tons of
educative flash tools available [1]. Today flash is a blocker for free
software in education.

Regards.
José L.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/FlashInDebianEdu