What about trying to participate in Google Summer of Code?

Hello,

Tonight I had the idea that it might be a good idea to try to get some
slots in the google summer of code in order to get new member and, of
course, get some things done.

Do you like the idea?
If yes, I've several things which could be a task for students:
 - ldapfiy skolelinux + work on a webfronted to put data in ldap
 - working on packages to find new alternatives how to fix 311188

This are only two examples (I'd like the first idea much better than the
second). Other ideas? Should we give it a try?

Greetings
Winnie

--
 .''`.   Patrick Winnertz <winnie@debian.org>