Re: Should tasksel be installable on all archs?

Hi,

On Sunday 27 January 2008 02:02, Joey Hess wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 January 2008 00:15, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > laptop-detect should be built on all arches. I don't know why none of
> > > the recent versions (for nearly a year) have been tried on s390.
> > AIUI because the s390 maintainer set "Not-for-Us" on 2007 May 27 , see
> > http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=laptop-detect
> Well I don't know why the s390 arch maintainers want to make things more
> complicated for the rest of us. (It's not as if s390 is the only
> architecture to not have any laptops.)

Waldi (bcc: in case he isn't subscribed) told me he did this, because it's
priority "important" and thus changes the default install. I don't quite get
this, as it should be a no-op (on s390) and (if this is true) since this also
changes the default install on other archs...

And as tasksel depends on laptop-detect, this makes tasksel uninstallable on
s390 and prevents laptop-detect from migrating to testing - the version in
testing in almost a year old.

How is this supposed to be resolved?

regards,
	Holger