Re: recommended router plattform

Fredag 26 oktober 2007 11:50, skrev Holger Levsen:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 26 October 2007 11:22, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > A long time ago we recommended floppyfw as a firewall solution.
> > Perhaps it is still a good alternative?
> > <URL:http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/>.
>
> Looks recent and good to me. Only minus is that there only seems to
> be english documentation. (And compared to coyote there is the
> regression that coyote has a gui-application (for linux and windows)
> to build a configured custom-floppy.)
>
> pfsense and m0n0wall also look good, but are based on BSD, which I
> consider a disadvantage in this case, due to the targeted audience.
>

> I'll update the documentation accordingly, it's a wiki, so we can
> change+improve it anytime.
>

> regards,
> 	Holger

Anonther option would be to have a profile called "Skolelinux firewall"
that installed and configured this firewall, maybe a student project?

I've heard the skolelinux.de-team has a debian live-cd that worked
out-of-the-box as such a Skolelinux firewall, should be possible to
reuse some of the effort that has gone into that.

--
Klaus Ade
Mobil:93869567