Re: should we ship iceweasel (firefox) on the first cd?

On Tuesday 27. February 2007, Halvor Dahl wrote:
> Firefox and OpenOffice.org are by far the two best brand names ever
> produced by the open source community

According to Wikipedia:

  In February of 2006, Mike Connor, representing the Mozilla Foundation,
  wrote to Debian and informed them that Mozilla did not consider the
  way in which Debian was using the Firefox name to be acceptable.
  Debian's previous agreement which allowed them to use the Firefox name
  was no longer valid. Further messages from Mike Connor clarified
  Mozilla's current policies: "Yes,if you are shipping a browser
  called Firefox, we should be signing off on every deviation from
  what we ship."; and "If you are going to use the Firefox name, you
  must also use the rest of the branding." But Debian could not use
  the logo because of the Debian Free Software Guidelines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IceWeasel

There is an opening.

The unbranded Firefox logo can be used. Look to the left at the wikipedia page
explaining the issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IceWeasel

Best regards

Knut Yrvin
--
Community Manager / Developer Tools - Trolltech ASA
cell: + 47 908 95 765, phone: +47 21 60 27 58