Re: should we ship iceweasel (firefox) on the first cd?

On Tuesday 27. February 2007, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> P.S: Ooo and Gcompris are most space consuming. My idea was always, to
> offer one CD for primary schools (no OOo), and one for secondary level
> (Ooo, but no Gcompris).

I talked with the Gcompris lead developer at FOSDEM. They already have artwork
made with Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)  for Gcompris. What they're doing,
is to make bitmap of their SVGs.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics

I suggested to make an installscript, distributing the svg. When installing,
the svg's is converted to bitmaps. Then we could save a lot of space when
distributing Gcompris.

Best regards

Knut Yrvin
--
Community Manager / Developer Tools - Trolltech ASA
cell: + 47 908 95 765, phone: +47 21 60 27 58