Re: why lenny-test and not sid (Re: dak archive system down)

[Holger Levsen]
> Why not? What exactly needs to happen to make this happen? :)

Because it would move the control over the release process in debian
from the hands of the Debian release masters into the hands of the
Debian Edu developers.  Packages would fail to propagate from sid into
lenny while waiting for us to fix a problem in the Debian Edu
repository.  It will never happen.  It is hard enough to keep
Debian/testing in a proper state without such complications, and it
would be close to impossible with it.

One fix is to get our packages into Debian propoer, and handle them
alongside the other Debian packages.  But we are as you all know, not
quite there yet.

So we keep uploading architecture neutral packages into both sid and
our test repository with identical versions, and our architecture
specific packages into sid and our test repository with different
versions, where our test get a smaller number than the one in our test
repository to make sure the sid package replace our test packages if
and when it propagates into testing.

Happy hacking,