Re: why lenny-test and not sid (Re: dak archive system down)

Hi,

On Friday 14 December 2007 12:25, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> > As far as I'm concerned, packages should always be build in a sid chroot
> > with pbuilder. In Debian, and in Debian Edu.
> Aeh so far, we have always build our edu etch packages against etch.

Uh, really?

And what's the procedure to do this in Debian? Build against lenny now and
upload to sid?

This seems really broken to me, everybody+everything builds against sid, which
then moves to testing and is later declared stable. Why doesnt this work for
our packages?

> I thought we want to test lenny to see if lenny is ready. Maintainers use
> sid not only to release their software, especially at the end of a release
> cycle, they'll most like use sid for lenny+1 development.

Nope. Currently sid is used for lenny development. And at the end of the cycle
too, then sid is frozen (and development for lenny+1 takes places in
experimental..)

> Just wanted to know, if you are suggesting a testing migration ;)

Just the same as we had with etch-test to etch.

regards,
	Holger