menus proof of concept

Hi, all
in the process of merging LinEx with Debian Edu, one of the steps is the
menus reorganization. I know it might not be a very important technical
issue but teachers really feel good when they find very easily the
applications they need.
I've waited for the 3.0r1 release, and now the work is done, and before
uploading it to svn I would like to be sure that most people around are
ok with the purposed changes. I've prepared the changes so they work
(today) with Debian etch, lenny and sid, so they could even be included
in a future 3.0r2. Anyway the target is lenny.
For a better understanding of the changes, I have recorded some videos
on a Debian Edu 3.0r1 where I've only installed the gnome metapackage to
have kde & gnome desktops available. Videos with the menus before and
after the changes in both desktops can be watched at:
http://linex.educarex.es/menus/

I must confess that they look prettier in lenny than in these videos,
but that's related to the small improvements in lenny for the desktops.

Technically, the changes are done:
- Making a diversion of two
files: /etc/xdg/menus/gnome-applications.menu
& /etc/xdg/menus/kde-applications.menu
-Adding a subject.menu xml file to /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/
for every subject branch
-Adding a Subject.directory file to /usr/share/desktop-directories/ for
every subject icon and translation.

So, no one of the educative applications need to be changed. Their
*.desktop files don't have to be fixed, all the menus movements are made
using freedesktop.org tools & rules.

I still have a couple of doubts:
- In a previous thread we were discussing about the need of a menu
branch for kids. I've included it by now, because applications like
gcompris or childsplay touch different subjects but only for small ages.
- Applications like blinken, stopmotion, etc that could be used in
different subjects: I've left them in the Education branch in gnome and
added it to miscellaneous in Kde, so you can compare and say your
preferences.

That's all, I'm looking forward for some feedback.
José L.