Re: Are we ready to release 3.0r1?

Hi Knut,

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 17:12, Knut Yrvin wrote:
> I'll see what i can put together tonight.

Great.

> I would appreciate answers to some questions before submitting my
> suggestions:
>
> -- What are the most important updates in the 3.0r1 release
>   -  Is there some changes introduced which will improve usability for
>       maintainers or users?

Yes.

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu-announce/2007/09/threads.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu-announce/2007/11/threads.html and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu-announce/2007/10/threads.html for all
announcements of updates in stable, include summaries of the changes.

The mails are also in svn:
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-edu/trunk/src/archive/stable-updates

> -- What are the most severe bugs fixed?

See above :-D

I'd also like to point out the much updated documentation package,
debian-edu-doc, where we have a new italian translation and a much updated
norwegian bokmal translation. Especially the new, detailed "Getting Started"
chapter is worth pointing out.

> -- What has not changed, so that we ensures stability when
>     updating the system?

We've generally taken great care to only fix bugs and introducing very few,
selected improvements. All changes have been sitting in etch-test for a while
and were only moved after manual review of the complete diff by the
ftpmasters.

regards,
	Holger