Re: debian-edu + edubuntu?

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, nigel barker wrote:

I don't understand why the two projects move along in parallel, when they could complement each other so well. After all, its all debian under the hood.

Very good question.  You might try to ask this at a Edubuntu mailing list.
Perhaps these people are not really aware that Debian-Edu is an open
project where you can implement your solution if something is missing.
I personally have no real problem with rebranding something as *buntu,
but forking Debian-Edu sounds not like a very clever solution from the
point of sharing workload.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--