Re: BOOT PROBLEMS

2007/9/28, Valerio Pachera <sirio81@gmail.com>:
> 2007/9/28, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>:
> > This sounds like the file systems are unclean, and fsck is being
> > executed during boot.  fsck is skipped when a laptop is running on
> > battery. Try booting without the splash screen (edit the kernel
> > options from the grub menu during boot, and remove the 'splash'
> > argument), and see if this is what happens.

I'm sure it's a kernel bug, it has been reported here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=%23404416

It can be "solved" using acpi=off on the kernle options.

I also tried to do like wrote by petter and no fsck was executed.

I have no idea if a laptop used like thin client can have the same problem.
Is the acpi enabled for a thin client?