Re: BOOT PROBLEMS

2007/9/29, Valerio Pachera <sirio81@gmail.com>:
> It can be "solved" using acpi=off on the kernle options.

With that grub option the server (my laptop) boot fast and work perfectly.

I tried the thin client and it has problems:
the boot is very slow (more than 5 minutes) and once loaded it is slow

The splash image disappeare and the message
  Synthesizing the initial hotplug events...
is shown and last very long.
Slowly appaere the other messages,
Here I report the worning messages:

WARNING /var/cache/man does not exist
WARNING /etc/hotplug.run does not exist
WARNING /var/lib/nfs does not exist
WARNING /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 does not exist

Do you have idea of the cause of this behaviur?
Debian edu has just been installed on an ext2 partition.
The only thing I've done after installation is
  mkdir -p /skole/tjener/home0/

Tanks.