Re: improve lwat strings / lwat übersetzung verbessern

Holger Levsen skrev:
> Hi,
>
> the new 0.16 version of lwat has some share/mount related strings left, which
> seem a bit strange/inconsistent to me. In english and german :)

Those strings are not new nor changed from version 0.15.

> English:
>
> - is submount point the same as child mountpoint?
> - what is a "New root point"?

I can see that it can be confusing. As I've always used ldaptools to
add/remove automount share, this was kind of new terretory for me when I
was to include that kind of functionality in lwat. I think I asked for
testers, but I cant remember now.

Lets instead head over to explain how automount is set up in lwat.
There is 3 type of "points" to be used in automount (as I know of):
- the topmost point, from where everything is mounted/exported under
  (like /skole in a normal debian-edu installation), this is called
  "root-point" in lwat.
- A virtual point, that's not directly mounted from the server, but that
  holds other mountpoint ("tjener" in "/skole/tjener" in a normal
  debian-edu installation). This is called a "submount point" in lwat.
- When something is to be mounted from the server, it has to specify a
  NFS-exported share, with some options (home0 in "/skole/tjener/home0"
  in a normal debian-edu installation). This is called an "automount
  share" in lwat.

In lwat there is one reference to "child mountpoint and shares". This is
when you try to delete either a "root point" or a "submount point", and
references that to delete "submount point" "tjener" in "/skole/tjener",
you first have to delete the child "home0", and to delete the "root
point" "/tjener", you first have to delete all of it's children "home0"
which is a "automount share", and "tjener" which is a "submount point".

I'm sure there could be better naming of this, but I've asked for
proofreading without getting any feedback. If someone has a better maes
for "root point", "submount point" and "automount shares", then I'm all
for it. A "child mountpoint and shares" references the "submount point"
and "automount shares" that is located under the referenced mountpoint.

> German/Deutsch:

Although I do read and understand some german, I'll stick to English

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/