Re: possible update exceptions for stable archive? (rules)

Hi,

On Sunday 02 September 2007 14:23, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> Ok, let's delete it.

Where is the new full (or diffed to current) version? And thanks for working
on this!

> > > + - The package will not be touched for 3 days.
> > After uploading? After requesting?
> > What does "touched" mean here?
> It means after the request and not touch means it does not get accepted.

I can't parse that sentence.

> It basically gives more than one person a chance to look at it. Therefore,
> I like to have the whole diff send to the ML, so that everyone can look at
> it.

And this I cannot conect to the above sentence :)

> > Also, I think this is too strong. For example for security updates we
> > want to be faster. Or grave bugs. Maybe just adding "Usually" to that
> > sentence is enough. (And changing/explaining "touched".)
> This whole update does not affect security updates in any way. They still
> get handled by the security team and go to the stable pool straight away :)

It's also too strong for other update reasons.

> > > + - If no problem arises and an ftpmaster agrees, the new package
> > > version goes +   in.
> > What happens with problems?
> > IMO there should be some sentence, that the request will be
> > discussed/granted/rejected/resolved on debian-edu@l.d.o
> There should either be a rejected mail to debian-edu@l.d.o. or an accepted
> mail with a short explanation of the fixes to debian-edu-announce@l.d.o.

Ack. This should be part of policy :)