Re: possible update exceptions for stable archive? (rules)

Hi,

On Sunday 02 September 2007 13:46, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> + - stable does not get updated

This is misleading / nonsense, because right after that, you describe how to
update stable :)

> + - Write an email to debian-edu@l.d.o. including the old package version,
> a +   full debdiff (so that everyone can look at the patch) and ask for
> inclusion.

and the new version :)

> +   It is also needed to mention the old and the proposed new version in
> the mail.

Ah. Thats redudant :)

> +   For the mail, make sure that you use a fixed subject. Something like
> the following would do:
> +   Stable update proposal: $package

I'd suggest:

"Use the following subject for the mail: 'Stable update proposal: $package'."

Otherwise it doesnt make sense, to request a fixed subject and then say "use
something like"..

> + - The package will not be touched for 3 days.

After uploading? After requesting?

What does "touched" mean here?

Also, I think this is too strong. For example for security updates we want to
be faster. Or grave bugs. Maybe just adding "Usually" to that sentence is
enough. (And changing/explaining "touched".)

> + - If no problem arises and an ftpmaster agrees, the new package version
> goes +   in.

What happens with problems?

IMO there should be some sentence, that the request will be
discussed/granted/rejected/resolved on debian-edu@l.d.o

> This is IMHO useful as long as we are working on r1 and
> becomes a bit +   less useful, when we work on something lenny based.

IMO humble opinions dont belong into a policy. Also I disagree, we might want
to release r2, too. (If only for debian-edu-doc updates.)

regards,
	Holger