Re: kursdok

Hi Knut,

On Tuesday 17 July 2007 21:38, Knut Yrvin wrote:
> Tirsdag 17 juli 2007 18:35, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
> > I thought that book was already replaced.  Do we really want to
> > update that version, and not its replacement?
> Kind of.

You kind of^w^w convinced me too, to keep the kursdok :)

But...

[5 deleted (but interesting) paragraphs about ITIL, how+why it was founded...]

.. I think you / we / the norwegian government is on a wrong track or throwing
money out of the window, by founding the ITIL book (as it is), which is
written in norwegian instead of english. Being an international _and_
volunteer based project, it doesnt make sense for us and/or isnt possible to
maintain the non-english ITIL book.

Let me quote some of those paragraphs:

> An ITIL document really focus on how to make a service organisation
> for maintenance, help desk, infrastructure, problem solving
> [...]
> But having ITIL documentation is not enough. Also teaching material
> should be built on that. Kursdoc was made to give teachers a simple
> introduction to Skolelinux locally installed at one school.

So kursdok should be included in the ITIL document. Fine by me, I couldn't
care less (literally), as it's completly useless to me and also useless for
my work on debian-edu.

But, if someone who speaks the language, copies parts of the ITIL book and
kursdok into the new documentation (the one at
http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/) - then those efforts
founded by the norwegian government might still be relevant in 2008 and not
describe something which was up2date in 2004 or 2005 (where DebianEdu was
based on woody (?))

And, thanks to you relicencing the kursdok to GPL, this is now possible. Yay!

But, I haven't found the original svn-location of the kursdok, so I couldnt
execute the licence switch to GPL there. Anybody an idea where it is?

svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-edu/trunk/src/debian-edu-doc/documentation/norwegian/kurs/
is what I know about, but this only has the .html and the .pdf file, no source
files :(

So it's kind of hard to change the licence there - ___which___ ___we___
___need___ ___to___ ___do___. Otherwise debian-edu-doc will not make it into
debian-main (and we cant really ship it either...)

regards,
	Holger