meeting summary, 2007-07-17

Hi,

very short summary: the release is really close. :-)

long summary: see below and online at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20070717

log of the meeting: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20070717/log

next meeting: this sunday 2007-07-22 12:00 UTC

regards,
	Holger

DebianEdu/Meeting/20070717

Meeting minutes

The meeting took place on #debian-edu (irc.debian.org), on 2007-07-17
(tuesday) from 17.00 UTC to 18:08UTC. It completed in 1 hour and 8 minutes.

 Moderator: Petter Reinholdtsen
 Log collector: Holger Levsen
 Writing summary: Holger Levsen

The full log is at [WWW] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting/20070717/log

Participants
 pere = Petter Reinholdtsen
 klausade = Klaus Ade Johnstad
 danielsan = Daniel Hess
 h01ger = Holger Levsen
 winnie = Patrick Winnertz
 akai = Anders Kringstad Hanssen

Agenda
1	Who can write the summary?
2	Status of the release
2.1 	remaining p1+p2 bugs
2.2	RC5?
2.3	release notes and press release
2.4	final testing
2.5	upgrade from sarge testing
2.6	announcing
2.7	anything else?
3	documentation
4	Next meeting

Minutes

#1 Who can write the summary?

h01ger will, but we should invistigate [WWW]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam to get rid of the time waste to find a
summary writer and save the writer a lot of time and dull work

=== #2.1 Status of the release: remaining p1+p2 bugs

only one p2 bug left, and its believed to be fixed (#1223)
klausade just filed #1229 but pere believes this was due to broken builds
during the day. we'll need to investigate this..
someone should go through all the p3 bugs and see if there is any bug which
should be p2

=== #2.2 Status of the release: RC5?

we plan to release rc5 tomorrow
h01ger will push "everything" (except gnash+multiseat) from etch-test to etch
after the meeting except d-e-c and d-e-i - ping h01ger if you successfully
installed from etch-test, then he will move that too

=== #2.3 Status of the release: release notes and press release

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/PressReleases/PressRelease_DebianEdu-3.0_Terra
still has some fixmes and
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes_3.0_Terra is still empty (and
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes has too much information...)

=== #2.4 Status of the release: final testing

please use/read and update [WWW]
http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/ when doing test
installs now

=== #2.5 Status of the release: upgrade from sarge testing

upgrade issues/paths should be documented in [WWW]
http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/Upgrades - currently
there is nothing documented, but we dont believe this is right
winnie will try to test the upgrade path - more testers welcome :)

=== #2.6 Status of the release: announcing

akai is working on announcing the release, see [WWW]
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseSchedule

=== #2.7 Status of the release: anything else?

h01ger will replace the debian-edu version number from 3.0 to 4.0
#3 release documentation
the documentation for the etch based release is available at [WWW]
http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/
we will release with FIXMEs in the documentation we will mention this in the
release notes, though..
remove kursdok and driftbook from debian-edu-doc and give links/information
about those old documents in README.debian and in the localized dirs
Currently we only have (incomplete) spanish and norwegian bokmal translations.

#4 Next meeting

sunday 2007-07-22 12:00 UTC